Saturday, October 9, 2010

Kind tribute from Mr Stan

When Joy left on her first trip we all laid hands on her to give her the courage to do all that her Lord wanted her to do. In those ensuing years since that trip, I drew encouragement from her, and her contagious enthusiasm.
I went to Camden Christian as a 'scared, but sort of willing' witness for her Lord, the sovereign King of All Kings.
Through these years, I've tried to be an encourager to her, and all the Bausum family. We went through square-dance classes as I watched the Bausum girls grow in grace and stature. Their early dance routines, grew more and more graceful and they became beautiful women of God, all the while under the watchful eyes of a God-fearing Mom, that bathed them daily in the Word of The Lord.
There were countless pot-lucks to send out other "witnesses" into all the world to bring the Gospel to all the world, Matthew 28:19,20 some were service members going to other parts of the country,  some were long time missionaries, whose families often travelled with them. There were organizations out in the mission field, some as trainers for other to teach, and still others that came from other lands and spoke of the wonderful Works being done in foreign lands. Our Joy, I know that I had little to do with her love of witnessing fields of foreign lands, but I still felt like a part of the "whole village that raises up a child," who was such an encouragement to a "timid" witness as I was. I will never hope to reach the numbers of people that Joy has, and will continue to touch through her work for The Lord that she is now walking with in the cool of the day, but there are souls that that same Lord has used me to make the prayer of repentance, and acceptance of His saving grace, that were probably a direct result of my taking encouragement from a child raised up to serve the Lord.
I truly thank My Lord for loaning me a few of that precious child's hours of her strength and fearlessness and having been blessed to know parents that were not afraid to raise up a child in the way they should go and they won't stray from it.

Mr. Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment